The origins of A. Link & Co. predate 1900. Mr. Adolph Link, son of a Viennese goldsmith, came to New York City in 1894. Growing up on New York’s lower east side, he met the youngest daughter of a rabbi, Anna, whom he married in 1912. Adolph apprenticed as a platinum jeweler with Cartier and Van Cleef & Arpels. His wife’s diligent work enabled him to purchase raw gold and platinum to fabricate his own designs along with Fifth Avenue’s greatest craftsman.
In the early 1940’s Adolph’s two sons joined their father in his business. Seymour becoming a jeweler and Marvin apprenticed as a diamond cutter in Antwerp. It is from these two trades that A. Link derived its reputation as a dealer in the finest made diamonds and a manufacturer of traditional diamond jewelry.